The county has many tourist and travel kinds of venues, along with others that could benefit from outside the area business. The Carbon County Fairgrounds is the largest one and it includes all the horse venues, a motocross track, and outdoor ice skating rink, and the Carbon County Events Center.
Johansen presented to the group of about 15 people the mission statement and goals of the tourism bureau which will be acting as the promotion agency for all the venues. The goals include:
- Improving upon brand identity and the county logo to create consistency within the advertising process for all county venues.
- To increase the awareness of the kinds of venues that Carbon County has.
- To provide information about county venues that is easy to get and is available through a number of channels. That way contact can come to each venue for its target market.
- To create an urgency for people to come to the county to visit.
- To develop one track that will develop strategies and is most efficient to get the word out about county venues and to maximize advertising dollars in doing so.
- To define the markets that pertain to the various venues but using a tracking and reporting system on who visits them.
- To co-op county venues with local businesses, the community, other organizations.